Thursday, June 12, 2008

Lazy Local

It's hard to eat locally when you feel lazy and under the weather. Today I ate hunks of Rustica bread (from Minneapolis) while camping out on the couch with a pounding headache. I didn't really mean to eat the entire loaf, but I was hungry and not in the mood to cook.

So as soon as I started to feel better, though, I knew it was time to actually cook something or else I'd resort to eating the rest of that pint of Oatscreme sitting in my freezer for dinner.

This meal was super simple and really good. And it even looks kinda fancy.

I roasted the potato wedges and seasoned them with salt and pepper. While they were cooking, I wilted the spinach and dressed it in a simple salsa: MN hydroponic tomatoes, green garlic, jalapeƱos from last year's garden, and vinegar. The potatoes surprised me by being so sweet- but they were a great compliment to the bright sourness of the salsa.

The spinach and salsa were so quick and easy that I still had time to lounge on the couch while the potatoes finished cooking. Too bad there aren't any leftovers for lunch tomorrow.

No comments: