Wednesday, June 4, 2008

The secret to success?

I think the key to success in this challenge might just be planning ahead. I know there's enough locally grown food available for me to eat very well...but not when I have 30 minutes to pull together a local meal for 4 people and get to a baseball game!

Today's menu started off strongly local and declined into global:
  • Toast from 3rd St. Bakery (Duluth, MN) with leftover potato salad (WI, MN, IA, backyard)
  • Leftover roasted parsnips, beets, and ramps (WI & MN)
  • Leftover beet greens and cremini mushrooms (MN & WI)
  • Leftover barley salad (MN)
  • Country Choice cookies (MN owned)
  • New French Bakery roll (MN owned) and leftover beans with pesto (backyard pesto)
  • Tofu tacos (IA grown soybeans, far away lettuce, taco shells, salsa, onions)
  • Spud puppies (WA)

Here's my lunch box for today filled with leftover barley salad, beet greens, and roasted beets and parsnips. Yum! When I plan ahead, it's easy to eat local!

No comments: